Assignment from nickkynickky
assignment 1: Resource: Tessellation Example, Technology Resource Library in the College of Education Resources
Create a tessellation pattern using the MicrosoftÂ® paint program, GeoGebra, MicrosoftÂ®PowerPointÂ®, other means available to you, or you may draw something by hand. Ask your instructor for assistance if needed.
Use color and shading to create a visually-pleasing tessellation.
Write a 350- to 700-word paper including the following:
- An explanation of why you chose the tessellated figure
- The type of transformation used and why
- The actual tessellation or a picture of the created tessellation
- Some real-world examples of tessellations that you can find
- How you might use real-world examples of tessellations to help elementary level students understand tessellations
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
- If two students are constructing equilateral triangles with one side of 4 inches, explain whether the triangles constructed must be congruent.
- What is the shape that is formed by taking the inner piece of cardboard in a paper towel roll, carefully cutting along the seam and flattening? How do you know this?
- Explain whether any two arcs of the same circle are similar.
- If a figure had an area of 7 and was transformed by a size transformation with a scale factor of 3, what is the area of the image?
- Write the equation of the line containing the points (-4, 1) and (5, 2).
- Find the equation of the line passing through (-1, 2) and perpendicular to y = 3x + 5.
- Times New Roman is a computer font. Are fonts of size 16 and 36 similar? Why?
- If a figure has point symmetry, must it have line symmetry? Explain.
- Find the x-intercept and the y-intercept for the equation y = -Â¾x + 3.
- Solve the system of equations: x + 2y = 3 and 4x + 5y = 6
Please give me two separate files for answer. USe intext citations along with referecnes to give me final copies of answer.