This is a two-part assignment. Part 1 is a narrative report and Part 2 is a public service health announcement. You will identify and explain the effect of the water supply on the development of cholera in developing countries.
Part 1: Report
In a report of 750-1,000-words, address the following:
- The agent responsible for cholera.
- The symptoms, treatment, and diagnosis of cholera.
- Relationship between the water supply and cholera.
- Public health efforts to reduce cholera illness in developing countries.
Utilize a minimum of three references to support your claims.
Prepare this part of the assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Part 2: Public Service Health Announcement
Develop a public service health announcement. The PSHA should:
- Have a clear message.
- Be targeted toward a specific audience.
- Be persuasive in nature.
- Grab the viewer’s attention.
- Be brief.
- Support statements with evidence.
- Contain photos and text (voice and music are optional).
- Observe all copyright laws.
You may use iMovie, iPhoto, Photostory for Windows, Windows MovieMaker, Adobe Premiere Elements, or Web 2.0 tools such as JayCut or Animoto.
Post the PSHA to TeacherTube or SchoolTube. If you do not have an account, create one and post the PSHA.
APA format is not required for the PSA, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit the report portion of this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.