- Read Chapter 1, â€œStrategic Compensation,â€ in the Strategic Compensation textbook.
- Download and read the SHRM Foundation Report: Implementing Total Rewards Strategies .
- Read the Case Studyâ€”â€œCompetitive Strategy at Sportsmanâ€™s Shoes,â€ that is located at the end of the Chapter 1 reading keeping the questions below in mind.
- Navigate to the threaded discussion below and answer the following questions about the case study:
- Following Sportsmanâ€™s shift in competitive strategy, what are some considerations for the companyâ€™s human resource management practices? (p. 21)
- What kind of challenges will Sportsman face specifically in the area of compensation? (p. 21)
- Review the 1.1 Devotion and Scripture reading to answer the following: Sportsmanâ€™s shift from its current low-cost strategy to a differentiation strategy will likely necessitate even greater differentiation in pay structures as a result. Accordingly, what should Sportsmanâ€™s openly communicate about payâ€”should there be secrecy? In addition to supporting your response from a Biblical perspective, buttress your response with evidence from the literature review on the topic in the SHRM Report: Implementing Total Rewards Strategies: SHRM Foundationâ€™s Effective Practice Guidelines Series, page 9.
- Provide a detailed post that demonstrates clear, insightful critical thinking. Your initial posting should be 200-300 words long.
- Your initial posting is to include at least the following two sources properly cited and referenced: (a) the Strategic Compensation textbook, and (b) the SHRM Foundation Report: Implementing Total Rewards Strategies at a minimum.
Attached: Total Reward Strategy for review