This week you will complete software exercises to monitor and control traditional and Agile/Scrum projects. You will also present the results of your work in an MS Word essay formatted in APA style.
Part 1: Work through the Two-Machine Project Exercises 6 and 7. These exercises will show you how to set a baseline, update the project with actual progress, identify variances, and take corrective actions. Download the following Project Exercise documents.
- Project Exercise 6: Setting Baselines, Performance Monitoring, and Corrective Action Plans
- Project Exercise 7: Reports in MS Project
The following link contains resources that will help you get started in Microsoft Project.
Part 2: Use MS Excel to create and interpret a burndown chart used to monitor and control Agile/Scrum projects. The videos below will help you understand how to calculate and create burndown chart metrics.
When finished, use the Week 6 Assignment Template to present the project in an APA formatted manner with appropriate APA formatted figures etcetera.
Submit the following this week.
- Your MS Project file at the end of Exercise 7 with your name in the filename (i.e., YourNameWeek6MSProject).
- Your Excel file with the burndown chart calculations with your name in the filename (i.e., YourNameWeek6BurndownChart).
- Your MS Word YourNameWeek6AssignmentTemplate file, (i.e., YourNameWeek6AssignmentTemplate).