In a virtual world (VW) of massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), collaboration and communication are provided through the Internet between MMORPG-ready devices such as the Microsoft Xbox, and Sony PlayStation, and by using the Web browser. Gamers around the world can play against other gamers without seeing their opponent face-to-face. The Internet and MMORPG devices have become a social phenomenon. For example, a mobile game, called â€œGame of Warâ€ enables players to play against each other anywhere around the world.
The following Website might be helpful when writing this assignment:
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe cognitive social phenomena that occur specifically to the context of the MMORPG that wouldnâ€™t happen in a face-to-face checkers game.
- Compare and contrast the MMORPG user interaction environment and a face-to-face environment where Spades is being played. Next, identify whether or not the environment has an impact on the playerâ€™s ability to play Spades in this environment.
- Outline and describe the user interface requirements that a game designer needs to include in order to engage players in a MMORPG environment.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.