608_Week3_Critical Thinking – 3
Resources for Planning
Learning Objective: Evaluate resources used to help plan an information security program for business or government agencies.
Browse the Special Publications (800 series) developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Describe in general terms how some (maybe four or five) of the publications can help you plan for developing an information security program at your organization.
- Introduction that explains the purpose of the SP 800 series.
- Name each publication that use select to describe.
- Explain how the specific publication can assist you in planning.
- Conclude the paper by writing your opinion of the usefulness of the documents to civilian organizations.
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Font: Arial, 12-Point, Double- Space
- Citation Style: APA
- Length: 1â€“2 pages (plus a cover sheet)
- Proofread and edit for spelling, grammar, punctuation, proper wording, etc.