- List and discuss several motivations available for local government entities to promote economic development programs.
- What techniques are available to urban planners that wish to encourage economic development within their community?
- What is sustainable development as it relates to urban planning?
- What are the three main reasons why urbanization was limited between 1949 and 1980 in China?
- What specific tasks did the Chinese government perform regarding urban planning during this period?
- Has the urbanization movement in China been balanced regionally? Why or why not?
- What are some challenges that the Chinese government face regarding sustainable development?
- What options are available to the Chinese government as it relates to urban planning techniques?
I have provided the sources for these questions. Please, when using the sources below use in-text citation. Put answers under the question. Thanks
- Levy, J. M. (2013). Contemporary urban planning (10th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson-Prentice Hall Press.
- Chapter 13: Economic Development Planning
- Chapter 14: Growth Management, Smart Growth, and Sustainable Development
- Doctoroff, D. L. (2006). No small plans. Economic Development Journal, 5(2), 17-23. Retrieved from http://www.iedconline.org/web-pages/resources-publications/economic-development-journal/
- The full-text version of this article is available through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library. This article provides information that will assist you in your discussions this week.
- Yu, L. (2007). A sustainable development form for metropolises in China: A case study of Beijing. International Development Planning Review, 29(4), 451. Retrieved from http://online.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/loi/idpr