Develop a relapse prevention plan based upon the â€œJed Assessment Case Studyâ€ provided. The plan should be in a format that might be given to the client to use as a guide. The plan must address the following:
- Client name and age
- Clientâ€™s family situation
- What is the clientâ€™s agreement to stop using drugs/alcohol? Be specific. For example: Does the client commit to attending AA meetings? If so, how many?
- If the client relapses, what is the clientâ€™s plan to get help?
- What high-risk situations could trigger a relapse for the client?
- What high-risk behaviors or irrational thoughts could lead to relapse?
- What coping skills may help the client remain sober?
- What new activities could the client participate in to help replace old behaviors such as going out with his friends, for a drink, etc. after work? How many? How often?
- How would Jedâ€™s family be involved in his relapse prevention plan?
- How would Jedâ€™s family and ethnic culture impact his relapse prevention plan?
- What resources are available in the community to help Jed prevent relapse? (use resources that are available in your community/area)
- Develop a sobriety card that contains people and resources the client (Jed) could call if he felt he was were at risk to relapse. (e.g., sponsor, family members, crisis hotline) Include why that person/resource should be included.
APA format is not required but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center