in text citation and apa format
a nursing study that has IMRAD (Introduction, Method, Results, Analyze, Discussion) sections in the nursing study.
answer as many of these questions possible in relation to the article.
Appraising Nursing Studies
- What is the problem identified?
- What is the purpose of the study?
Review of the Literature
- Is the Review of literature (ROL) relevant to the problem?
- Does the review provide for critical appraisal of the major references?
- Does the review conclude with a summary of the literature with implications for the study?
- What is the research method?
- Who is the population of the sample for the study?
- Are the details of data collection clear?
- What are the instrument(s) or screening tools used to collect the data?
- What are the method(s) of data analysis?
- Are there any tables, charts, and graphs provided?
- What are the results based on the data presented?
- What is the conclusions of the study?
- Are the results interpreted in the context of the problem/purpose?
- Are there limitations of the findings?
- Does the study contribute to nursing knowledge?