Get a sense of what the article is about by reading some key sections. Begin by reading the Abstract of the article. Subsequently, read the Introduction and the discussion sections. Flip through the paper and look at any figures or tables. Read as much of the paper as practical; get as much out of it as you can.
Write a paper of at least 2000 (five pages) words in which you:
1. Identify your selected article, using a proper APA-style reference. See examples at the end of this assignment.
2. Describe what type of article it is and how you can tell. For example, is it primarily a review of existing research, a report of new research, or an analysis of a professional issue? Describe how you can tell. If it is a research article, identify the type of research involved.
- Summarize what you have learned about the content of the article. Be sure to include the main purpose of the article, the major findings, and how the major findings are supported.
- Explain how this article fits into the overall field of developmental psychology. Then, identify the corresponding chapter(s) from your textbook.
- Explain why this article is different and similar from articles in non-scholarly periodicals, such as magazines and newspapers.
How to properly cite your article
Author list (Year of publication) Title of article. Name of Journal, Volume number, page numbers.
Houston, D. M., McKee, K. J., Wilson, J. (2000). Attributional style, efficacy, and the enhancement of well-being among housebound older people. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 22, 309-317.
Iudicello, J. E., Woods, S. P., Scott, J. C., Cherner, M., Heaton, R. K., Atkinson, J. H., Grant, I. (2010) Longer term improvement in neurocognitive functioning and affective distress among methamphetamine users who achieve stable abstinence. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 32, 708-718.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- At least five pages long.
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify key concepts that provide a foundation for the study of adjustment.
- Summarize the major psychological perspectives.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in psychology.
- Write clearly and concisely about psychology using proper writing mechanics
link to article: http://eds.b.ebscohost.com.db19.linccweb.org/eds/e…