In your final workshop activity, you will summarize what you have learned about evaluating your intervention. This activity is another building block for your final Social Action Project proposal. In this summary, you should describe the importance of outcome evaluation and specifically define your strategy for achieving short-, medium-, and long-term goals. You will describe your metric for evaluating success, noting how you will engage stakeholders in helping you define success. You can use the short, intermediate and long term goals you established in workshop 7.2. Additionally, you should describe a timeline for collecting evaluation and outcome data.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Develop knowledge of social work and other multidisciplinary theoretical frameworks to engage, assess, intervene, and evaluate communities and organizations. (PO 6, 7, 8, & 9)
- Identify interventions to achieve macro practice goals. (PO 8)
- Interpret information and data collected from communities and organizations. (PO 8)
- Textbook: Generalist Practice with Organizations and Communities
An evaluation plan is a strategy for measuring the achievement of short-, medium-, and long-term goals, recognizing that what success looks like may shift over time in response to the changing needs of the community or organization. Conversations between the macro social worker and the community or organization about whether the effort is meeting the desired goals should occur on a regular basis. Sometimes, the change may not be immediately visible. When change is not visible, the macro social worker should instill hope that the change may be achievable with sustained effort by the community or organization.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- In your textbook, Generalist Practice with Organizations and Communities, read Chapter 9, â€œEvaluating Macro Practice”.
- Write a 750-word summary of outcome metrics for your proposed organizational and community intervention. Address the following:
- Citing textbook or other readings describe the importance of outcome evaluation.
- Identify you short, intermediate and long term goals identifying how you will evaluate each goal.
- Describe your timeline for collecting evaluation and outcome data.
- As you write your paper please review the APA 6e Guide.
- Before finalizing your work, ensure that you have:
- Responded to each requirement in the assignment and used the spelling and grammar check
- Used APA format for organization, style, and source credits, including:
- 12-point, double-spaced Times New Roman font
- One-inch margins on all sides
- Normal character spacing
- In-text citations
- Title page and reference page (not included in page count)
- Properly formatted headings (Introduction, Body, Conclusion, References)