Evaluate a Contingency Plan
Learning Objective: Evaluate a Contingency Plan for a business organization or government agency.
Remember, contingency planning refers to interim measures to recover IT services following an emergency or system disruption.
Browse Contingency Planning Guide for Federal Information Systems (NIST SP 800-34) and review the interim contingency planning procedures developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Evaluate the EPA’s document with respect to the NIST SP 800-34.
- Does it appear to you that the EPA followed NIST’s guidance? That is, big picture and not every detail.
- What are some the contingency plan controls (CPs) did the EPA address?
- Conclude with your opinion of following establish procedures. (e.g., benefit or drawbacks)
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Font: Arial, 12-Point, Double- Space
- Citation Style: APA
- Length: 2â€“3 pages (plus a cover sheet)
- Proofread and edit for spelling, grammar, punctuation, proper wording, etc.