What are Legal Protection? Please respond to the following:
- Based on the scenario and the knowledge gained from this section, address the following:
- Explain whether or not the government should extend the same constitutional rights to all criminal suspects that American citizens enjoy. Provide support for your argument with specific examples of such civil rights.
- What about bank robbers? Crimes involving children?
- What about terrorism suspects? NOTE: Be sure and read Prof. Salley’s explanations of this issue.
- Consider how “legal protections” handled in other countries and how effective are they?
- Remember to check the Constitution as to whether government even has a choice in this matter and explain your thoughts.
- What are the differences between “civil rights” and “civil liberties” (HINT: what does the Constitution say)?
- NOTE: This is kind of a trick question! It is very important to read the professor’s posts on this issue for a historical and legal background of the actual issue at hand.