In this assignment, you work with the categories of questions discussed in Ch. 6 of your text to gain understanding about different points of view.
- List the three categories of questions identified in this week’s reading.
- Create a question of your own that represents each category you listed above. Be sure to indicate what category the question represents. (10 to 25 words for each question; 30 to 75 words total)
- Ch. 6, pp. 130-132 discusses the concept of Socratic questioning. Review that material and provide a definition of Socratic questioning. (15 to 25 words)
- Discuss how Socratic questions contribute to sound critical thinking. (25 to 50 words)
- In Week 2, you identified two different viewpoints about the topic you selected. Locate those viewpoints, and in the space below, write one Socratic question you could ask to gain a deeper understanding about each viewpoint. (10 to 25 words for each question; 20 to 50 words total)