Discuss general measures that are incorporated into the hygienic care of the eyes and ears and the maintenance of sensory aids.
Discuss nursing considerations (assessment and strategies) for providing oral care to a dependent client. Outline the important factors related to the care of dentures.
- Define effleurage and kneading in the backrub technique.
- How long should an effective backrub take?
- When should a backrub be offered?
- What are some of the benefits of gentle massage?
- Discuss general measures that are incorporated into the hygienic care of the eyes and ears and the maintenance of sensory aids. (e.g. glasses, contact lenses, artificial eyes, and hearing aids.
- What would you do if a client becomes weak and unsteady while you are washing his hair at the sink?
- What assessments are important to obtain prior to planning to provide nail care?
- Discuss nursing considerations (dental health promotion) for providing oral care to toddlers, preschool children, school age children and adolescents, palliative care patient, unconscious patient.