Enterprise System Recommendation (100 Points)
SugarSquared, Inc. manufactures candy in Riyadh and distributes its products throughout the KSA. The organization has over 300 employees in three locations. Its functional business units currently work in silos, with data pertaining to their various departments held in separate, legacy systems. The companyâ€™s revenues are growing, and it has an online retail site.
As the companyâ€™s IT manager, you have been tasked with recommending an enterprise system to senior management. Address the following:
â— Which type of enterprise system would you recommend and why?
â— What are the benefits of implementing such a system?
â— What challenges do you foresee in implementing this system? How would you address these?
â— What are some of the vendors that offer such systems? Is there one thatâ€™s preferable given the organizationâ€™s needs? Why? Explain what business factors should be addressed in order to make this determination?
Your well-written report should be 4-5 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages. Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, citing at least two references, as appropriate. Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
- Chapter 10: Enterprise Systems in Information Technology for Management: On-Demand Strategies for Performance, Growth, and Sustainability
- Cai, Z., Huang, Q., Liu, H., & Wang, X. (2018). Improving the agility of employees through enterprise social media: The mediating role of psychological conditions. International Journal of Information Management, 38(1), 52â€“63.
- Chofreh, A., Goni, F., & KlemeÅ¡, J. (2018). Sustainable enterprise resource planning systems implementation: A framework development. Journal of Cleaner Production, 198, 1345â€“1354.
- Kotzab, H., Teller, C., Bourlakis, M., & WÃ¼nsche, S. (2018). Key competences of logistics and SCM professionals – The lifelong learning perspective. Supply Chain Management, 23(1), 50-64.
- Singh, C., & Singh, R. (2018). An evaluation of SCM initiatives in Indian: Manufacturing industries. Journal of Supply Chain Management Systems, 7(1), 37â€“49.
- Chapter 10 PowerPoint slides – Information Technology for Management