sing effective logos appeals yourself, make your own claims for Wieselâ€™s rhetorical context and Kairos, as well as his appeals to Logos, Ethos, and Pathos in his essay, â€œPerils of Indifference.â€
- Support your claims with clear and relevant evidence (paraphrases and quotes, which should be correctly attributed and cited).
- Your reasoning should explain why the evidence youâ€™ve given proves each claim youâ€™ve made:
- For Wieselâ€™s Rhetorical Context, what is the occasion and what are the relevant situations (both external and internal to the text); how is any Kairos being used (either in terms of appropriateness with decorum and pertinence, or exigency)?
- For Wieselâ€™s appeals to Logos, what is his reasoning?
- For his appeals to Ethos, how does he show authority, goodwill, common ground, or identity?
- For his appeals to Pathos, how does he use language, examples, vivid imagery, or scare tactics?